Creative Case related events and opportunities organised by Creative Case NORTH and sector organisations across the North of England. Please contact us if you have a diversity and equality focused event that you would like to share here.
Curious Minds and DIY Theatre Company are delighted to host……
A Question of Leadership Conference
Thursday 13th September 2018, 9:30am – 4:00pm
Hope Park Campus, Liverpool Hope University, L16 8HJ
Join us to challenge perceptions of leadership.
Co-hosted by Curious Minds and DIY Theatre, the ‘Question of Leadership’ conference brings together teachers, cultural organisations, artists, performers and academics both to hear inspiring stories about inclusive leadership and research practices across the education and arts sectors and to question notions of leadership and research within these sectors.
The focus will be inclusive practice, with a particular focus on disability. SLiCE® fellows (Specialist Leaders in Cultural Education based in a range of schools across the North West), Mind the Gap, Creative Minds, DIY Theatre, Liverpool Hope University and Open Theatre will be involved as presenters and workshop leaders.
This conference will be suitable for those who:
- Believe it is essential that EVERYONE has access to high quality Arts and Culture.
- Are keen to re-shape the word and concept of leadership
- Want to challenge the limiting perceptions of who can be a leader
- Believe it is important to develop research into these areas
Schools, cultural organisations, artists, performers and academics are all welcome!
To see the full programme and book your place, please go to:
If you have questions or queries regarding the conference, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Events Team on 01772 336639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Making The Case Symposium
Friday 25 May 2018, Manchester
Venture Arts are inviting culture and heritage leaders and representatives to join them as they bring together ten influential creative organisations and individuals to inspire and share best practice about making our cultural landscape a more rich and welcoming place, with learning disabled people at its heart.
MAKING THE CASE | SYMPOSIUM marks the completion of a successful series of Venture Arts’ Cultural Enrichment Programme created in recognition of how very few learning disabled people currently access cultural venues. The Heritage Lottery Funded programme has worked closely with Manchester based museums, theatres and galleries including; Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester Museum, the Whitworth, People’s History Museum and HOME Manchester in to co-create engagement programmes tailored to each participant.
Joined by Venture Arts are experts in the field; Actionspace and Royal Academy of Arts (London) | Esther Fox – History of Place (UK) | Bluecoat – Blue Room and Jade French, Art As Advocacy Collective (Liverpool) | Holly Grange, the Whitworth (Manchester) | Autism for the Arts (Manchester) | Manchester Museum (The University of Manchester) | HOME (Manchester) | Royal Exchange Theatre.
This will be a day of thought provoking open conversation, debate and sharing to encourage change.
2018-22 Creative Case New NPO Event
Thursday 19 April 2018, The National Centre for Early Music, York
Creative Case NORTH, with support from Arts Council England, is hosting a North Area event for organisations joining our national portfolio in 2018-22. With the aim of supporting the knowledge of, engagement with and delivery of the Creative Case for Diversity, this event has been developed for senior internal champions and will:
- Introduce the Creative Case for Diversity, it’s history, development, and goals for the 2018-22 portfolio
- Identify the key Creative Case responsibilities and requirements of National Portfolio Organisations
- Share best practice and progress of organisations’ Creative Case journeys in relation to programming and organisational approaches
- Support organisations to identify next steps towards achieving their Creative Case goals
2018-22 Creative Case Horizon Event
Tuesday 27 March 2018, The Hospitium, York
As we embark on the 2018-22 National Portfolio, Creative Case NORTH with support from Arts Council England is hosting a North Area event for Band 2 & 3 organisations. With the aim of supporting the knowledge of, engagement with and delivery of the Creative Case for Diversity, this action focused event has been developed for senior internal champions and will:
- Identify the key responsibilities and requirements of Band 2 & 3 2018-22 National portfolio organisations;
- Share best practice and progress of Band 2 & 3 organisations’ Creative Case journeys in relation to programming and organisational approaches;
- Support organisations to identify next steps towards achieving a strong Creative Case rating by 2021;
- Initiate collaborative conversations to identify how, as Band 2 & 3 organisations, we can work together to strengthen the Creative Case for Diversity across the sector.